Friday 13 April 2012

Pro Kart racing at Rye House

When I’m not writing games in my spare time, I take my son kart racing. Here he is at the second round of the Junior GP Championship at Rye House. This round was incredibly wet with almost continuous rain throughout all three sessions and the final race. My son did very well considering he had never raced in the wet before. These Pro Karts were running slick tyres in the rain, on a track that had standing water. Power slides were the best way to tackle the corners. Here is a picture of my son in second place after exiting the last hairpin. At the end of this year’s season I hope to invest in a kart of our own. My son will then be old enough for us to race in the Pro Kart endurance series where we will share the kart for three hour long races.

No comments: